This was literally on my Christmas Wish list... until now.
The smart doorbell company RING is recalling 350,000 doorbells, specifically those priced at $100 which were sold on Ring's website and on Amazon. Consumer Product Safety officials say "the video doorbell's battery can overheat when the incorrect screws are used for installation."
So far, there have been 23 reports of the doorbells catching fire and causing property damage, as well as 8 reports of minor burns.
Do you have one of these smart doorbells?
I've been wanting to get one for a while but now, after this recall, I'm not so sure.